How commissions work
Prices start at £650 for a single 12 inch unframed painting, £1000 for a series of 3 A5 scale framed works through to £3000 for a framed metre square painting or similar portrait format equivalent.
A non refundable deposit of 30%* of each work will be required. Framing is optional and delivery is charged at cost or of course you may collect your work so we discuss all your options early on in the process for your quote.
*if for any reason I could not complete the work; such as illness or natural disaster this would be returned to you in full.
- Please use the form above ( or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org) to tell me as much as you'd like to about what you have in mind, size, substrate, whether framed or not, your location etc. and then I'll email you and arrange a time chat either on the phone or by video call in Whats App/Zoom/Telegram (whichever is your preference). The substrates I use are: cradled board / wood panel / shallow canvas / deep canvas. You can email me with any questions about all this if you need to.
- Before we talk it would be useful if you could email me any images that you think would be helpful, such as a photo of the room you are thinking of displaying the commission (if relevant) , any colour swatches or photos of my own work or ideas you have or styles you love. You may want to look at some of my sold work too. If you are based in East Anglia it may be possible to visit you to discuss this free of charge.
- If you decide to go ahead, I would send you an agreement to sign by email and this is when you would pay a non-refundable deposit directly by BACS
- I paint your commission which involves creating you a choice of two works. If you're commissioning a series of works then I would create at least one "spare" so that you have a selection to chose from
- I send you clear photos of the paintings when finished for your comments before any final varnishing and framing*, you do not need to make your final choice at this point although hopefully you will know which you like best. I can also make a video for you to help with this and or you can view the paintings in person if you/ if I can visit. If you would like me to organise framing you would decide how many paintings you would ultimately choose so that I can organise this and send you a quote.
- You decide on exactly which paintings you want and make the final payment (to include optional framing and delivery to you, if you are not collecting the work).
- any adjustments are made, varnishing and framing undertaken and delivery or collection arranged. Certificates of authenticity are included with each work.
- you thoroughly enjoy your new work and ideally send me a photo of it in situ that I can share if you are happy to do so!
**framing is an extra cost and we discuss whether this is something you would prefer to undertake yourself or not at the beginning of the process so it can be factored into the cost of the work depending. Framing options will depend on the type of substrait we agree on.
Past clients for whom I've been commissioned include:
The Royal Academy London, Art Press, Artfully Walls, Ladybird Books, Flamingo Publishing, Camden Graphics, PaperHouse, Hallmark, Ling Design, Gibson Greetings, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s, Oxford University Press, Lion Publishing, Paperlink, Hoomark, Claire Madicott cards, Avocado cards, DC Thomson, Lloyds Bank, GE magazines, IPC Magazines, Red Robin Books, Dorling Kindersley.